Skip to main content

Tree-mendous!

Yes, it's that time of year again, and I'm again sorry for the lack of updates! I've been busy with other things, but I have found time recently to do some crafting for Christmas. I used this brilliant tutorial by Sara Adams over at Happyfolding to make an origami Christmas tree.
origami christmas tree
origami christmas tree
I practised on a small one first and then increased the paper size to get the larger one (and I did need a lot of paper!) The large tree is about 46cm (18in) tall, so it works as a table-top tree quite nicely. The star on top is also origami, and I used this tutorial to make it. The baubles and tinsel are just cut from pearlescent paper.

I also made some paper garlands to hang up, which Domokun was particularly excited about...
woven paper ball garland

I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year. 2013 awaits!

Comments